Second Steps: Middle School
I admit it. I was one of those weird kids. I didn't fall into any clique. I was generally by myself with my own thoughts, because nothing truly interested me. I did track one year but found that I just wasn't the athletic type. For a time I was worried. Yeah, little old middle school age me was worried. I had nothing that interested me.
Then it happened, one early morning.
I woke up before my alarm, something I never really did, thirty minutes in fact. I figured it would be stupid to try and go back to sleep just I just turned on the television.
And Sailor Moon came on the screen.
Ya'll know that moment when something clicks? When something just opens your mind and makes you see stars? Yeah, that was my moment.
I was brought into the world of Japanese Animation.
I had found my clique sort to speak.
I started getting up thirty minutes early to watch Sailor Moon. I became enthralled by the story and with my active imagination, my mind began to work.
I remember sitting in lunch one day, working on something for my next class. Something just told me to turn to another page in my notebook.
And I started writing the visions in my head.
Visions about a girl who was protected by four friends. A special girl with wings, with the ability to heal and an innocent vision of the world brought on by her seclusion from said world.
I remember writing her name for the first time: Crystilline Heiwa Yuy.
Comments
Post a Comment