First Steps: Barbie

 I never thought myself a writer. Never in my wildest dreams had I thought it would be something I would be interested in. However, I did have a large imagination. 

Growing up in a middle class home, in a middle class neighborhood, I had what I needed and sometimes more. I was definitely a spoiled child, the little miracle my mom once told me. I grew up with an imagination so big it was sometimes weird. Sometimes my imagination was so big that the other kids rarely played with me because I wanted to do so many imaginary things! I didn't have many friends, but I had my Barbies and I was fine with that. 

My grandmother would always give me Barbies. I had a large trash bag filled with Barbies. I would take the Barbies and create little 'plays' with music. 

I never truly realized until much later that those Barbies helped me bring about my insane imagination in such a way, that it would help me put pencil to paper. 

Sometimes writing does not start as writing, sometimes it begins with dolls in your hands. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Steps: Middle School

College

The Insanity Begins